RSC Update - Term 4, Week 7
1. SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES
- 2023 Tasmanian All Schools MTB Championships
- 2023 High School Netball Championships
2. PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
- The Ultimate Outdoor Classroom Immersive PL: South
- Go2coach: online resources & training
- International Women's Day: Grant Applications Close 23 Dec
- 2023 Youth Week Tasmania Grants
4. COMMUNITY OPPORTUNITIES
- Basketball & Cricket School Holiday Camps
- FREE Skateboarding Lessons
- SurfGroms Summer Program
- Try Swimming FREE for 1 month!
The 2023 edition of the Tas All Schools MTB Champs is scheduled for Friday 5-May!
This is the 2nd Friday in Term 2 (note that NAPLAN in March from next year so this will no longer affect preparations).
Venue: Trevallyn Nature Recreation Area
Events for girls and boys from Grade 7 to 12's, with more details to be provided closer to the event.
Phone: 03 6341 9988
Netball Tasmania are excited to confirm next year's High School State Championship dates!
2023 will see all three regions (South, North and North West) play regional games during the same week, with finals hosted in the North-west:
- Tuesday 19th September - 7/8 Girls
- Wednesday 20th September - 7/8 Boys
- Thursday 21st September - 9/10 Girls
- Friday 22nd September - 9/10 Boys
State-Wide Finals (played in the Northwest):
- Tuesday 31st October - Girls
- Wednesday 1st November - Boys
Phone: 0459 968 070
Learn the best practice nature pedagogy methods with loads of practical ideas, from experts in Nature Pedagogy & Child Psychology. Leave inspired and energised!
- Practical lessons in using real hand tools, tree climbing, bush craft, cultural practices with fire, fire cooking and whittling.
- Risk analysis & developing a workplace outdoor learning handbook.
- Documentation & planning- links to Curriculum & Inquiry.
- The risk types and how to cater for them.
- Fostering resilience, team work, problem solving and creativity in your students (and yourselves!)
- How to support safe risk taking (and why!)
- How to plan for child-led learning (and why!)
- What to do when things get messy or uncomfortable.
- How to foster community acceptance of your Nature classroom.
Early Bird $445pp before Feb 17| Full $495pp inc. gst. Includes morning tea & lunch daily.
30-31 March, 2023 at the Lea Scout Camp, Kingston.
Kara Spence - Nature. Be in it.
Phone: 0430 181 925
Want to take your school sports program to the next level in 2023?
Go2coach can help you manage volunteer coaches with quick reference, clear, age-appropriate sporting drills & training resources
With ready to use programs already designed & fundamental skill demonstrated by elite athletes & coaches, you can be confident that your students are learning the correct fundamental skills to achieve their best results.
With tips on nutrition, warmups & basic strapping, 400 drills in basketball and Aussie rules football, and coming soon is netball, cricket, soccer, athletics, swimming, tennis, volleyball, the Go2coach digital training resource would be a great addition to your PE department.
Sign-up for a free 7-day trial - full cost from $5 per week per user.
What is Go2coach
- Multifunction digital resources for PE staff, Volunteer Coaches, Schools & clubs
- Promotes fun, health & wellbeing
- Suggested training programs for 10+ weeks
- Resource available anywhere, anytime - mobile, tablet or desktop
- Age-appropriate U8 to U18
- Focus on teaching fundamental skills
- Videos, animations & diagrams
- Developed & endorsed by professional athletes & coaches
- Follow our suggested weekly training programs
- Option to create your own unique & exclusive training programs from our drill library
Register your school for you chance to win our Grand Prize or share to win bonus prizes*
- $1,000 Hart Sport voucher
- Have a chat with a Champion - Zoom call with Phil Smyth talking about all things sport
- Go2coach annual licence for 5 users (valued at $1400)
*Competition closes Friday 2/12/22 5.00pm AEST. Drawn 5/12/22. Winner is notified by email.
To celebrate and promote the contribution of Tasmanian women to their communities, the Tasmanian Government is funding a competitive grant program to support International Women’s Day (8-Mar 2023) events run by local organisations across the State.
Applications are currently open and close 2pm Friday 23-Dec 2022.
Organisations can apply for the grant to hold events that:
- support women’s equality, including women’s economic security, leadership and participation, safety, and/or health and wellbeing.
- celebrate and promote the contribution of Tasmanian women to their communities.
Applications are currently open and close 2pm Friday 23-Dec 2022.
Events should take place on or around International Women’s Day (March 8).
All applicants funded under this Grants Program must comply with Tasmania’s COVID-19 requirements and restrictions for events in place at the time of their event, please refer to Tasmania's Framework for COVID-19 Safe Events and Activities for more information.
The total funding pool is $20,000. Organisations can apply for grant of up to $2,000 for each application. All funding is subject to terms and conditions, which will be outlined in the Grant Agreement with successful applicants.
Eligible Organisations/Applicants must be:
- an organisation that delivers community support, services and/or programs to Tasmanians
- a local government authority (councils)
- a parents and friends association
- an be incorporated organisation
- a not-for-profit organisation
- a not-for-profit company registered under company law
Applications close 2pm Thurs 23-Feb 2023.
Since 2000, National Youth Week has provided a celebration of the efforts and contributions of young people aged 12–25 years in their communities. In 2018, a new chapter began with the first celebration of Youth Week Tasmania, funded entirely by the Tasmanian Government.
Youth Week Tasmania aims to be inclusive of young Tasmanians from all communities, and to be celebrated in all regions of Tasmania.
It will be held from Monday 1-May to Sunday 7-May 2023, with a theme of 'Acceptance' and slogan 'Be Bold. Be You.'
Through the Youth Week Grants the Tasmanian Government aims to:
- Showcase the talents and skills of young people
- Celebrate the contributions of young people in communities, in education and in the workforce
- Build the capacity of young people to engage with the broader community and develop practical skills through their involvement in planning and delivering Youth Week Tasmania events or activities
- The Tasmanian Government has allocated $20 000 for the Youth Week Tasmania 2023 Grants Program.
- Grants of up to $2 000 are available to organisations to support Youth Week Tasmania 2023 events or activities, or projects.
- Organisations may submit more than one application but will need to rank submissions in order of priority.
Applicants should read and understand the program Guidelines prior to submitting an application.
All applicants funded under this Grants Program must comply with any COVID-19 requirements and restrictions for events in place at the time of their event, including the Tasmanian Government’s A Framework for COVID-19 Safe Events and Activities in Tasmania.
For over 38 years Australian Sports Camps have provided the best sports coaching for Australian children aged 5–15, offering interactive and fun skills-based programs to ensure that participants improve their game and love for their chosen sport.
Our Tasmanian Camps are delivered at The Hutchins School, Sandy Bay and designed to improve overall skills and maximise enjoyment:
- Enrol in basketball or cricket
- 18, 19 & 20 January 2023
- Coaching from 9am to 3pm each day
- Catered to players aged 5 to 5 years of all standards
- Structured and enjoyable program for each age level
- Progress through a three day program utilising both group coaching and specialist coaches
- Coach feedback sessions and written report
- Autographed photo of your group with the coaching director
- The chance to stay fit and active these holidays and make friends, while having fun playing!
- Sunday 4 Dec 2022 | 10am – 12pm
- Sunday 11 Dec 2022 | 10am – 12pm
- Sunday 18 Dec 2022 | 10am – 3pm (Double Session)
Old Beach Skate Park is located at Lennox Park Jetty Rd, Old Beach TAS. Mum’s, Dad’s and carers, please feel free to join in and have a go. Hope to see you there from 10am.
Numbers are limited so reserve your FREE place https://skatepark.ymca.org.au/all-aboard
SurfGroms programs cater to groms between the ages of 5-12 years old, nationally.
Whilst the younger surfers and paddlers are still developing fundamental movements such as balance, agility and coordination; the older kids are far more developed both mentally and physically, requiring a different approach when learning new skills.
In order to successfully engage such a broad audience, SurfGroms has been developed with 2 distinct age categories and 5 separate skill levels:
- MiniGroms (5-8 years old)
- SuperGroms (9-12 years old)
Although both categories work towards the same skill levels and objectives, a different learning approach will be taken for MiniGroms and SuperGroms.
You will receive your new SurfGroms hooded towel at your first lesson. To ensure it arrives on time please register a few weeks before the program commences, when possible. Your hooded towel will be delivered directly to your surf school within a reasonable timeframe. Rip Curl rash shirts will be provided to use during lessons, along with Bugs Softboards.
SurfGroms Programs are delivered in all three regions in Tassie, so visit the SurfGroms website to find your closest location and enrol in a program for the summer school holidays!
The program is perfect for primary school groups and can be delivered with sporting schools funding.
Swimming is one of Australia's most popular sports - as well as being awesome fun, swimming is a great way to make new friends, keep fit and learn exciting new skills.
Currently there are over 75,000 registered swimmers in Australia, so be a part of Australia's premier olympic sport and get involved today!
Joining a swimming club can teach young people important life skills like water safety, commitment, time management, leading a healthy lifestyle, social skills and plenty more. A swimming club provides a fun and safe social environment for swimmers and their parents.
Swimming Tasmania has recently setup a Come & Try Club, which will allow One Month Trial Memberships (previously Come & Try Membership option) to become available.
The option is only valid for those who have never held a Swimming Tasmania Membership and are potential members.
The Product will set to last the month the participant signs up for. For example, a participant signing up in August would expire on the 1st Day of September, but a participant signing up on 1st September would expire on 1st Day of the following month.
1. Register for Swimcentral following the guides shown by clicking here.
To find the membership please tell potential members they will need to create a SwimCentral account.
- Go to Shopping and search for 4 Week Trial.
- The option for a 4 Week Trial for Come & Try Club (TAS) membership will become available.
- The membership will only show availability for the current month.
- Once signed up they will be able to attend training with their preferred club as well as entering swim meets etc. This is not available for any championship event.
- One Month Trial members will need to enter via the entry portal, and will still need to pay for race entry fees.
If you have any further questions, please contact STAS.
Click here to be redirected to SwimCentral!
Please contact email@example.com to start your free trial!
Once you've registered your details with us, you'll receive an email from us with details of your nearest swimming club (search Club Finder | Swimming TAS). Your nearest club will then contact you very shortly after to set up the trial period and answer any questions you might have.
During the trial you will be able to experience all facets of club swimming from squad training, club meets, social events and even competition!
If you have any questions, please contact the Swimming TAS Office - firstname.lastname@example.org