- Sport Access Foundations: Kick Start Grants
The Sports Access Foundation offer a number of grants each year to help Aussie kids with a disability to play and participate in sport.
Each year a variety of grants are availble to 7-17year olds with a physical or intellectual disability to cover costs such as:
- travel costs to and from sporting events and training
- participation, competition or enrolment fees
- specialist sport equipment or clothing
- the costs of consulting with health professionals to develop an appropriate sporting program for that child
Applications close Friday 12 August, 2022 for the following grants:
- Kick Start Grant: $250 for 7-13 year olds to help reconnect with sport following COVID-19 isolation restrictions lifting.
- No Barriers Grant: $500 for 7-12 year olds towards new and upgraded equipment, club and competition fees, cost of travel and accommodation to over come initial start-up costs to participate in sport.
- Pathway to Paralympic Grant: for aspiring Paralympians to help with Paralympic-level performance and assist in additional costs incurred.
- BlueScope Sporting Club Grant: awarded to sporting clubs for specific programs to include children with a disability and/or enable children with a disability to be members of their clubs